What Do You Want To Know About Sleep? Neuroscientists Answered Your Questions
Have you found yourself struggling to get enough sleep? 10 percent of the population suffers chronic sleep problems, whereas one in three people have sleep trouble at any one time.
· Sleep is important for both mental and physical health. However, many people are not getting required amount of sleep.
· The continuous lack of sufficient sleep affects the regions of the brain that control memory and language.
· Blood pressure is three times greater among people who sleep less than six hours every night. Women getting less than four hours of sleep were twice as likely to die from heart disease.
In 2002, American researchers analysed data from more than one million people, and found that getting less than six hours' sleep a night was associated with an early demise – as was getting over eight hours.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners