Somnowell Chrome – Features & Benefits
The Somnowell Chrome is the world's first 4th generation oral device for snoring and sleep apnoea. Designed by Visiting Professor Simon Ash, a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience. Tailor-made from a medical super alloy, the Somnowell Chrome is a lifetime solution and the most slim-line, comfortable, and hygienic device available.
ENT Consultant Mr Michael Dilkes says
"What I've found in my patients, and I treat a large number of snoring patients every year, is that there is a pretty much 100% efficacy with Somnowell Chrome once the patient tolerates it and has any other treatments required. Once it's fitted it seems to work pretty much all the time."
As seen on BBC1 Goodnight Britain
In the show Chris tried a plastic oral device but found it too uncomfortable to wear and it kept coming in and out. In his words it was "absolutely horrible", "feels like a tennis ball in the mouth", "feel like going to suffocate".Chris then gets a Somnowell Chrome and reports "as easy as that (when puts in). Its not uncomfortable, fits perfectly, its been designed for my particular mouth, and I'd wholly recommend them to everyone. It makes a big difference on our whole lives basically, actually waking up feeling really good, Charlie feeling pretty good as well, and actually smiling".
The creation of each Somnowell Chrome incorporates the highest levels of expertise, exacting standards, and super alloy material.
Here are just some of the technologies used in the creation of each Somnowell Chrome appliance:
- The Facebow is a specialist tool used to record the relationship of the upper teeth and jaw to the rest of the head and jaw joints. By taking a facebow record it is possible to communicate the unique anatomical and functional features of each user to the laboratory.
- The Semi-Adjustable Articulator is used to mount stone cast models of the user's teeth and jaw functional anatomy, in order to create an appliance in total harmony with their individual needs.
- The Surveyor is an instrument used to facilitate the design and placement of the small clasps that gently hold the Somnowell Chrome in place. The surveyor helps to identify the most comfortable and effective retentive path of insertion for the Somnowell Chrome, while ensuring that the device will hold its position.
This technology, along with the expert knowledge of Visiting Professor Ash and our technicians, moves the Somnowell Chrome far beyond conventional oral devices, offering a comfortable and effective non-surgical alternative to treating problematic snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea.
|Somnowell Chrome||CPAP||Surgery||Over-the-Counter Plastic Oral Devices||Mid-Range Plastic Oral Devices|
|Comfortable to use||Very comfortable||Many people cannot tolerate||Can be very painful||Often not comfortable||Often not comfortable|
|Hardly noticeable||No||Yes||Bulky devices are noticeable||Bulky devices are noticeable|
|Can talk and drink||n/a||n/a||Sometimes||Sometimes|
|Lifespan||10+ years||n/a||n/a - often the effects wear off||6 months||12-18 months|
|Regular Replacement||No||No - parts need regular replacement||No||Yes||Yes|
|Becomes unsightly and smelly||No||No - requires intensive cleaning||n/a||Yes||Yes|
|Easy to clean||n/a||n/a||No - becomes unsightly and smelly over time||No - becomes unsightly and smelly over time|
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners
- Somnowell Ltd has become aware of copycat devices and whilst this is a ringing endorsement for the Somnowell device, such devices have been found to be inferior in design, using inferior materials and shortcuts in production. They may infringe Somnowell Ltd. copyright and patents for which the laboratory and practitioner may be legally liable.
All the content within the Somnowell website is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a subsitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other health care professional. Somnowell is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of the Somnowell website. Somnowell is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of the sites. Always consult your doctor if you are in any way concerned about your health.