Somnowell for Sleep Apnoea
The Somnowell Mandibular Advancement Appliance (MAA) is a very effective long-term treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea. The Somnowell ensures an open airway is maintained throughout sleep, and is perfectly designed to meet the unique requirements of each user.
Treatment with a Somnowell is non-invasive and reversible. Each person's jaw alignment, jaw shape and size, and tooth structure, are totally unique. Each Somnowell is tailor-made to fit the user with a high level of precision, making the Somnowell an extremely comfortable and effective treatment option for sleep apnoea.
The device is contraindicated for patients who:
- have central sleep apnoea
- have severe respiratory disorders
- have loose teeth or advanced periodontal disease
- are under 18 years of age
- please visit the Contraindications page for more details
Use of the device may cause:
- tooth movement, change in dental occlusion or in jaw relations
- gingival or dental soreness
- pain or soreness to the temporomandibular joint
- obstruction of oral breathing (unlikely with Somnowell Chrome)
- excessive salivation