If I Yawn, Does That Mean I Am Tired?
Yawning is a common occurrence and a typical symptom of fatigue. However yawning could also point to a serious health problem.
· Yawning is contagious and there will be involuntary imitations once you see someone else yawn.
· Yawning flexes the walls of the sinus cavity and helps to regulate brain temperature.
· Excessive yawning may indicate the presence of a disease such as Parkinson’s or multiple sclerosis or an impending epileptic fit.
Because it is linked to actions such as muscle stretching, joint movement, and an increased heart rate (think early morning waking), yawning may be part of the body’s way of gearing up for activity.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners