Somnowell Chrome for TMJ
The Somnowell Chrome has proved to be a highly effective treatment for TMJ. The creation of each Somnowell Chrome involves precise jaw measurement and alignment techniques normally used for complex dental and surgical procedures. The use of these sophisticated measurement and replication tools enables the Somnowell Chrome to precisely place the individuals jaw in its optimum balanced and therapeutic position.
By holding the lower jaw forward during sleep in a symmetrically balanced relation to the base of the skull, this may unload the joints and discourage the clenching and tooth grinding habits. See warantee / guatrantee conditions.
More than just TMJ
TMJ is often directly linked to bruxism (teeth grinding) and the Somnowell Chrome is an extremely effective solution for this condition. Being made from a medical super alloy, the Somnowell Chrome is significantly stronger than any plastic equivelent. Controlling bruxism means a less disturbed night's sleep and relief to the muscles of the face and jaw joints. if you happen to snore or suffer from sleep apnoea the Somnowell Chrome can effectively treat these conditions at the same time. However the forces applied by the jaws are enormous and may cause the device to be distorted or damaged which may adversely affect the fit and success of the device. See guarantee conditions.
The device is contraindicated for patients who:
- have central sleep apnoea
- have severe respiratory disorders
- have loose teeth or advanced periodontal disease
- are under 18 years of age
- please visit the Contraindications page for more details
Use of the device may cause:
- tooth movement, change in dental occlusion or in jaw relations
- gingival or dental soreness
- pain or soreness to the temporomandibular joint
- obstruction of oral breathing (unlikely with Somnowell Chrome)
- excessive salivation