Ways to Prevent Grinding Your Teeth
Bruxism, also referred to teeth grinding, occurs when the upper jaw rubs both sets of teeth together. Teeth grinding will cause damage to the teeth and other oral health problems.
· A warm bath before bed can help to relax the jaw muscles. An alternative to the warm bath is using a heating pad or warm wet washcloth against the jaw.
· Relaxing to relieve stress will ensure that teeth grinding is reduced.
· Avoid caffeine and alcohol which make teeth grinding worse.
If you suffer from severe anxiety, talk therapy with a psychologist or psychiatrist may help alleviate that, which in turn will reduce grinding.
Read the full story here
Image courtesy of stockimages/www.freedigitalphotos.net
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners