Ways to Prevent Grinding Your Teeth
Bruxism, also referred to teeth grinding, occurs when the upper jaw rubs both sets of teeth together. Teeth grinding will cause damage to the teeth and other oral health problems.
· A warm bath before bed can help to relax the jaw muscles. An alternative to the warm bath is using a heating pad or warm wet washcloth against the jaw.
· Relaxing to relieve stress will ensure that teeth grinding is reduced.
· Avoid caffeine and alcohol which make teeth grinding worse.
If you suffer from severe anxiety, talk therapy with a psychologist or psychiatrist may help alleviate that, which in turn will reduce grinding.
Read the full story here
Image courtesy of stockimages/www.freedigitalphotos.net
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners