Waking Up About Sleep: A Public Health Need, Overlooked
As parents set up a daily schedule of activities for their children, sleep is often forgotten. It's important to find time for academics and play, but not at expense of sufficient quality and quantity of sleep.
· Pediatrics experts recommend later start times for middle and high school students to allow them to get sufficient sleep.
· Sleep deprivation among kids and adolescents had led to the increased incidence of cognitive performance, depression, and obesity.
· Efforts should be made to provide the necessary hours of sleep ensure the immediate health benefits and to engender healthy sleep habits for adulthood.
Sleep loss results in cognitive impairments, including deficits in attention, vigilance, and memory, and chronic sleep deprivation is associated with poorer mental health status, resulting in depression and anxiety.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners