The Surprise Risk Factor in Sleep Apnoea? Your Ethnicity
Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) causes a reduction in the amount of oxygen reaching the brain. The effects of sleep apnoea may therefore not only affects brain health but overall health as well.
· OSA reduces the deep nourishing sleep predisposing people to depression and memory problems.
· Ethnicity is an equally important risk factor for OSA compared to being overweight or obese.
· Ethnicity determines factors such as the skeletal structure of the head or the face and genetic predisposition to the condition.
The SAGIC consortium is examining the connection between genes and sleep, a field of study that in the future may produce new and applicable insights that could help people from Baton Rouge to Beijing get better, more restorative rest.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners