Study: Sleep Better with Fiber
Sleep deprivation has far-reaching health effects. It's frustrating, as many of us experience a bad night of sleep for no good reason.
· Research carried out at Columbia University reveals that diet may play a role in promoting or affecting your sleep.
· People who eat more saturated fat and less fiber took longer to fall asleep and enjoyed limited amounts of deep and restful sleep.
· The intake of more fiber-rich foods, low sugar and low saturated fats was shown to help in getting deeper and more restorative sleep.
Fiber intake was linked with deeper, more restorative sleep. This means that a diet high in fiber and low in sugar, refined grains, and saturated fat could help improve sleep quality.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners