Somnowell Review:”most effective mandibular advancement device”
A Specialist Orthodontist from London, England: "most effective mandibular advancement device"
"I have been using custom-made plastic mandibular advancement devices in the management of snoring and sleep apnoea since 1999, and whereas results have been consistently positive in patients who wore the appliances, they had the following limitations:
1) They were relatively unhygienic, discoloured and developed a smell after some time in the oral environment;
2) The thickness of plastic required to make them strong enough to last, made them quite bulky, so encroached on the tongue space and necessitated a larger anterior movement of the mandible to make them effective;
3) The vertical opening of the mouth caused by the thickness of the plastic and necessity to maintain some opening at the front of the mouth to maintain an airway, was often beyond the patient's capacity to maintain a lip seal - this meant a greater likelihood of a dry mouth and dribbling throughout the night;
4) Changing the amount of mandibular advancement was always difficult;
5) The plastic often degraded over time and breakages were common after a few years;
6) The various designs all limited lateral movements of the TMJ to the extent that they approached fixation, and I have reservations about the long term effects of this on TMJ health.
Then the Somnowell appliance came along (thanks to Simon) and addressed all of the above, and the feedback from patients has been unanimous - it is the least uncomfortable, most effective mandibular advancement device currently available…"
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners