Snoring Is No Laughing Matter
You may be suffering from obstructive sleep apnoea if you snore during sleep and feel drowsy all day. Majority of people with sleep apnoea are unaware of having the condition.
· OSA is caused by the relaxing of muscles at the back of the throat, effectively interrupting breathing during sleep.
· Being overweight or obese is a major risk factor for OSA. The obesity epidemic has resulted in a 55 percent rise in OSA cases. Other factors are age and gender
· OSA has been shown to predispose people to a high risk of cardiovascular diseases. Weight loss will improve the symptoms of OSA and may even cure mild forms of the condition.
Lifestyle changes, such as weight loss, exercise, and quitting smoking and drinking, are recommended for anyone with OSA. More serious cases can be treated with a device known as a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine that delivers air pressure to keep airway passages open.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners