Snoring Linked To Worse Cancer Outcomes in New Research
Snoring is not only a nuisance to a partner or the family; it could be a sign of deeper health problems. Snoring is a symptom of the more serious problem called sleep apnoea.
· Sleep apnoea is characterized by pauses in breathing during sleep that deprive the body of oxygen, a condition called hypoxia.
· Intermittent hypoxia leads to the formation of blood vessels within tumours that deliver more nutrients, increasing growth of the tumor
· Sleep apnoea is linked to worse cancer outcomes, increased risk of high blood pressure, and stroke.
“Although this is an experimental study, it is remarkable, because it demonstrates the influence of oxygen deficiency on the growth of renal cell carcinoma tissue, both primary tumour as well as metastases."
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners