Snoring Linked To Worse Cancer Outcomes in New Research
Loud snoring has deeper and more worrying consequences more than just keeping a partner or the family awake. Sleep apnoea is closely associated with loud snoring.
· Recent studies have suggested a link between sleep apnoea and worse cancer outcomes.
· Intermittent hypoxia caused by sleep apnoea promotes the formation of blood vessels within tumors. The tumors therefore have more access to nutrients.
· However, the findings only point to just a reasonable mechanism for why conditions such as sleep apnoea which restricts oxygen flow to the tissue causing progress of cancer.
Professor Arnulf Stenzl of Tübingen University and Chair of the EAU Congress Committee, said: “Although this is an experimental study, it is remarkable, because it demonstrates the influence of oxygen deficiency on the growth of renal cell carcinoma tissue, both primary tumour as well as metastases.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners