Snoring Can Be a Sign of More Serious Health Problems
Snoring is caused by the vibration of soft tissues at the back of the mouth. Snoring is not simply an annoyance; it could be a sign of more serious health problems.
· Snoring can be an early sign of more serious conditions such as sleep apnoea.
· Sleep apnoea is a common problem affecting 15 to 20 percent of adults who experience intermittent pauses in breathing.
· Untreated sleep apnoea may cause daytime sleepiness, high blood pressure, stroke, poor management of diabetes, heart failure, heart rhythm irregularities.
To determine if the snoring is a sign of sleep apnoea, an overnight study in a sleep center is necessary. This type of supervised testing can evaluate for sleep apnoea as well as other sleep related problems.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners