Sleeping with Pets: Is it healthy?
Approximately half of dog owners and half of cat owners invite their pet to sleep next to them in bed. However, sleeping next to a pet may have some negative health effects.
· The steady breathing of the pet can help people feel more content due to the release of oxytocin.
· On the other hand, pets could be a source of sleep disruption due to frequent movements, snoring, and other noises.
· Pets can also have a negative impact on intimacy between you and your partner.
Sharing a bed with your pet can cause you to become sick. That’s because animals can carry illnesses that humans can catch and the close physical contact that happens when sleeping makes it easy for things to spread.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners