Jet-Lag Is Given the Swerve by Adjusting Meal Times on the Ground, Find Researchers
Cabin crews are most likely group to suffer from jet lag due to the frequent and rapid travel across different time zones. Besides jet lag, they will suffer from other symptoms such as impaired cognitive performance, fatigue and moodiness.
· Normally, cabin crews tend to rely on sleep strategies such as sleeping in a dark room to fight off jet lag. These strategies do not help to reset their body clocks.
· A new study reveals that jet lag in long haul cabin crew can be eased by altering and regulating meal times during their days off.
· Further research is required to find out if the timing and the content of meals could have positive results in alleviating jet lag.
“It will be interesting to conduct further research to see whether the positive effects shown through a regular eating plan persists for a longer follow up period and whether the effect is down simply to regular meals or whether timing and what you eat has an effect.”
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners