How Tech Startups Are Waking Up the Sleep Industry
The digital health industry is now awake with numerous sleep apps, sites amd devices. The digital activity upsurge in the sleep segment is attributed to consumers seeking to play an active role in their healthcare.
· Sleep devices are helping people to keep aware and engaged in their healthcare. The proactive lifestyle is slowly replacing a reactive response to sleep problems.
· Even though the sleep tracking gadgets are not reliably accurate, they are lauded for making people evaluate sleep habits and seek professional help.
· Sleep sets the barometer for other body functions having an impact on issues such as mood and performance.
"The more people can present real data and talk about sleep, the better because the public is absolutely yearning for it," Breus says. In fact, the National Sleep Foundation recently requested that monitoring companies create a set of standards so that consumers can—at the very least—decipher what’s being collected.
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners