How Sleep Affects Your Chance of Getting Ulcerative Colitis
Getting seven to nine hours of sleep greatly affects your health in some surprising ways. Loss of sleep due to sleep apnoea increases risk of ulcerative colitis and other health problems.
· Getting less than 6 hours of sleep - or more than 9 hours of sleep - increases the risk of ulcerative colitis.
· Ulcerative colitis is the inflammation of the large intestine, with symptoms like diarrhea and abdominal pain.
· Treatment of sleep apnoea helps to lower systemic inflammation and prevent incidence of heart disease, hypertension and stroke.
This study didn’t explore a potential relationship between sleep apnoea and ulcerative colitis, but we do know that untreated sleep apnoea can also cause inflammation in the body.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners