How to Prepare For a Sleep Study (Polysomnogram)
A nocturnal polysomnogram may cause endless anxiety due to the requirement to spend a night at the sleep lab/center. You will have numerous questions surrounding the requirements and the nature of the test.
· Sleep technologists are all prepared for any inquiries from patients to ensure that it is a relaxing and comfortable experience for all irrespective of healthcare needs.
· Ensure that you go about your day as usual and that lab is aware of any special needs that you may have.
· Carry with you pre-test paperwork, current medication list, sleepwear and basic toiletries.
· Avoid smoking, caffeine after lunch, napping in the afternoon, and avoid alcohol to not interfere with the sleep study.
Keep in mind that the sleep medicine technologists at most sleep centers are prepared for all of these inquiries; they are also trained to provide you with a safe, relaxing, and comfortable experience that's based on your specific healthcare needs.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners