Having Sleep Apnoea Could Make Lung Cancer More Deadly, Study Finds
Sleep apnoea is a condition in which the tissues in the throat relax and narrow during sleep interrupting the normal breathing process. New research indicates that sleep apnoea may cause the faster growth of lung cancer tumors.
· Lung cancer proves to be more deadly in adults who suffer from obstructive sleep apnoea.
· Pauses in breathing due to sleep apnoea leads to lack of sufficient oxygen, making tumors grow rapidly.
· Increased speed of cancer cell growth and replication fuel the spread of tumors in the body, a process called metastasis.
A lack of air during a night's rest makes tumours grow quicker by releasing exosomes - which play a key role in tumour growth, scientists claim.
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners