Exactly How Much More You Eat When You’re Sleep Deprived
Sleep deprivation is not a good thing for your health, even leading to weight gain. The lack of sleep leads people into eating much more food.
· 40 percent of people usually get less than the recommended seven to nine hours of sleep per night.
· A bad night of sleep causes you not to exercise, resulting in extra calories stored in your body.
· Skimping on sleep negatively affects the regulation of hormones such as leptin and ghrelin that control hunger and appetite.
Bottom line: If you can, try to get seven to nine hours of sleep a night. When you can’t (because…life), just know that you’re probably going to be tempted to eat more junk than usual, and work hard to fight that urge.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners