Answers to Your Questions about Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation Therapy
The Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation is an alternative treatment for obstructive sleep apoea. Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) is the first line of treatment for sleep apnoea but many people find it uncomfortable to use the CPAP machine and mask.
· The Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation stimulates the hypoglossal nerve to keep the tongue from falling back.
· You are not required to have used CPAP before getting the Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation as an alternative treatment.
· The Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation is prescribed only after a sleep study.
· The device can be used on the plane without side effects. All you need is to carry the remote with you.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners