Age Matters: Family Members Can Be First To Notice Symptoms of Sleep Apnoea
A concerned partner or spouse will lead to the diagnosis of sleep apnoea more than the patient complaining about the problem. They are the first to note that the patient is snoring.
· Sleep apnoea directly affects other family members just like it affects the patient.
· Sleep apnoea is thought to the silent underlying cause of other chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
· Sleep apnoea can be prevented or managed by quitting smoking, losing weight, avoiding alcohol, and even changing sleep position to avoid lying on the back.
If sleep apnoea is the diagnosis, treatment centers on a delivery of oxygen methodology called continuous positive airway pressure. This device forces a steady flow of oxygen into the airway, effectively keeping it open.
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners