6 Sleep Hacks That Help You Lose Weight
Weight loss is most effective with lifestyle changes involving sleep, exercise and diet.
· Lack of sufficient sleep increases release of ghrelin, the hunger-inducing hormone, leading to unhealthy choices and consuming more calories.
· Lack of sleep makes people less active and less inclined to exercise, which is detrimental to weight loss.
· Establishing a regular sleep schedule to ensure that you get a solid 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night helps promote weight loss.
If you really can't sleep, leave your bedroom, try a relaxing activity, and come back to bed. It's called stimulus control therapy, says Barone, and it's meant to reduce the anxiety as well as "conditioned arousal" people may feel when trying to sleep.
Read the full story here
Somnowell Inventor - Visiting Professor Simon Ash FDS MSc MOrth BDS
Prof. Ash is the inventor of the highly successful SOMNOWELL Chrome device for snoring and sleep apnoea.
The Somnowell Chrome is made to exacting standards in the Somnowell laboratory under the supervision of Visiting Professor Simon Ash. Prof. Ash and his master technicians create each Somnowell Chrome device using their wealth of experience and expertise.
Prof. Ash works at the forefront of his profession. He is a Consultant and Specialist Orthodontist with over 30 years clinical experience, with a special interest in sleep related breathing disorders, TMJD, and bruxism. He currently works in Harley Street London and two private hospitals in London as part of a multi-disciplinary team managing snoring and sleep apnoea, and is Visiting Professor of Orthodontics at the BPP University.
The Somnowell mandibular advancement appliance is also recommended by:
- Sleep Centres
- ENT Surgeons, Sleep Physicians, Respiratory, Physicians
- Orthodontists, Dentists
- General Medical Practitioners